Jameel AliM.D., F.R.C.S.C
T. (416) 864-6019
F. (416) 864-6008
St. Michael's Hospital
55 Queen Street E.
ON, M5C 1R6
Research InterestsTrauma Education (Director ATLS, ATOM, TEAM, RTTDC, ASSET programs), Breast Teaching
Clinical InterestsGeneral Surgery, Breast Surgery
- Chief Educator Member of the American College of Surgeons, International Promulgation Program for Training Surgeons in Trauma Care.
- Consultant Editor and Author for Prehospital Trauma Life Support Manual – 5 Editions.
- Director and contributing author Advanced Trauma Operative Management (ATOM) course, American College of Surgeons, 2003-present.
- Introduced Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), ATOM, PHTLS, ASSET and RTTDC courses internationally.
- Initiated the international promulgation program for ATLS training of physicians for the American College of Surgeons.
- Trained professional educators in Trauma internationally for the American College of Surgeons, 1996-present.
- On going reviewer and author of ATLS Provider and Instructor Manual for 8 Editions.
- Establishment of Trauma Evaluation and Management (TEAM) Module for Senior Medical Students through American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma.
- Educator Review Panel for ATLS Instructor Manual -5th to 8th Editions.
- Advisory Consultant on Education matters to the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma, ATLS SubCommittee.
- Continue Director and Coordinator of ATLS Program for Surgical Residents at University of Toronto.
- Member Editorial Board Journal of Trauma
- Member Research Group, Centre for Research in Education (CRE).